- 3 or 4 ripe avocados (Large)
- 1/2 sweet onion or red, chopped
- 2 roma or small tomatoes*, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or finely chopped
- juice of half a lemon or lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped cilantro*
* = Recommended Organic
Serves 4 as an appetizer or snack!
1. Cut avocados in half and remove pit (the big seed). Spoon out avocado into a large bowl, throwing away the rough skin.
2. Add chopped onion, minced garlic, and using a fork, mash it all together.
3. Juice half of a lime or lemon right into the avocado mixture. Add salt and pepper.
4. Take a moment to mash it some more to your preferred consistency. Finally, serve with fresh veggies and enjoy!
Ways to Modify This Recipe for YOU
- Add fresh cut jalapeno or tabasco sauce for a spicy kick. Try the smoked chipotle flavored tabasco sauce.
- If serving with tortilla chips make sure to buy Organic* chips. Corn and corn products in the United States are mainly GMOs(Genetically Modified Organisms).