Dr. Kevin Sarich, D.C. shows you how HIIT workouts can be used on a recumbent bike. Give this insane 20 minute recumbent bike workout a try!
A perfect addition to your normal exercise routine.
Included in this video:
- 4 minute warm-up
- 8 – intervals (30 sec. each) of maximum effort, separated by 1 minute and 30 seconds of rest (low-intensity pedaling during rest periods)
- 3 minute cool down following the 8th interval
Recumbent bikes and stationary bikes have tremendous benefits on your health and well-being. A few perks include:
- Easier on your joints (great for people with joint conditions like arthritis)
- Uses a larger muscle mass (your leg muscles) = more fat loss & calories burned for you!
- Great for cardio fitness
- Great for lung fitness
- Perfect for winter time or during bad weather, fewer excuses not to exercise.
- Extremely safe to use, minimal chances of injury while performing
- Perfect exercise for beginners