AVOCADO CILANTRO HUMMUS
1 (15 oz) can chick peas (aka garbanzo beans)
1 Large ripe avocado or 2 medium ripe avocados
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp tahini
3 Tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
1-2 cloves of garlic minced or diced, garlic to taste
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
sea salt and black pepper to taste
serving size = 4 tbsp or 1/4 cup.
yields = 2 cups (8 servings)
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth.
Ways to modify this recipe for YOU
- Feel free to replace the cilantro with fresh parsley
- Add any of your favorite spices to customize the flavor to your liking!
- Do you like it spicy? Add some fresh jalapeno peppers or cayenne pepper to turn up the heat!
- Enjoy as a dip with veggies such as: cut up squash, celery, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, and cherry tomatoes
- Hummus also goes great on salads as a replacement for conventional salad dressings